Aerial of old shellhouse, University of Washington, March 25, 1963
The shell house was built in 1918 as a hangar for the Aviation Training Corps. It was never used, but turned over after the war to the University and used as a shell house for the rowing crews. The name was changed to Canoe House when the rowing crew moved to their new quarters in 1949.Photograph taken on March 25, 1963.Filed in: UW - Panoramas (#250).
8 1/8 x 10 in.
Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3