• Creator
  • Kinsey, Clark
  • Created Date
  • unidentified
  • Description
  • The West Fork Logging Company was started by L.T. Murray in 1910. It was named for the company's first quarter section of timber which was located at the west fork of the Tilton River in Lewis County. By the latter part of the 1930s, Murray's holdings totaled 38,000 acres. West Fork Timber Company was created as a holding company for the purchase of land. Company headquarters were located in Mineral. L.T. Murray was very active in the logging ... more
    The West Fork Logging Company was started by L.T. Murray in 1910. It was named for the company's first quarter section of timber which was located at the west fork of the Tilton River in Lewis County. By the latter part of the 1930s, Murray's holdings totaled 38,000 acres. West Fork Timber Company was created as a holding company for the purchase of land. Company headquarters were located in Mineral. L.T. Murray was very active in the logging industry and the Pacific Logging Congress. West Fork Timber Company sold its logging operations to St. Regis Paper Company in 1943.A small logging and shingle mill village on Mineral Lake is fourteen miles north of Morton in north central Lewis County. Once it had several producing mines the ore from which was used for production of arsenic. It was named for mineral deposits along Mineral Creek, and producing mines a half dozen miles from the town. less
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    11 x 14 in.
    Silver gelatin, b/w
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2003