Women on pear packing line
- View Full Item
“Pear Packing : A Season of Women's Work” was originally an exhibit of historic pear packing photographs from Jackson County, Oregon, and original poetry by Susan Reid, as part of her Southern Oregon State College Master’s project, along with a paper with the same title now accessible online at http://soda.sou.edu/awdata/070202a1.pdf . The historic photographs, Reid’s paper, and the poems she was inspired to write are about the area women who provided most of the labor for seasonal pear packing, often continuing from generation to generation.
- Van Dyke, Jane Cory
- Orbis Cascade Alliance
- Contributing Institution
- Southern Oregon University, Hannon Library
- Pear packing
Pear industry -- Employees
Jackson County (Or.)
Women in agriculture
Women agricultural laborers
- Standardized Rights Statement
- In Copyright:This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Original materials for this collection were donated to Southern Oregon University Hannon Library Special Collections by the author/compiler. We share the work for non-commercial purposes within the “fair use” stipulations of U.S. Copyright law.
- Chicago citation style
- Van Dyke, Jane Cory. Women on pear packing line. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16085.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16085coll4/id/11. (Accessed June 14, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- Van Dyke, Jane Cory, Women on pear packing line. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16085.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16085coll4/id/11
- MLA citation style
- Van Dyke, Jane Cory. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16085.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16085coll4/id/11>.