- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
After Eugene V. R. Thayer II married Gladys Brooks in a lavish Newport wedding in 1903, the young couple decided to build a country home in Lancaster. Plans for the $200,000 estate were done by the Boston firm of Winslow and Bigelow. Henry Forbes Bigelow was well known to the family, as he had recently completed work on the Col. J. E. Thayer's Bird Museum and would soon marry Eugene V. R. Thayer's sister Susan.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Crownledge. 1903-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k89v. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1903-2000) Crownledge. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k89v
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k89v>.