• Created Date
  • ca. 1912
  • Description
  • The columns were originally part of the first Territorial University building downtown, and were saved and brought to the new campus when the building was torn down. Edmond Meany and Herbert Condon named the columns "Loyalty," "Industry," "Faith," and "Efficiency," the first letters of which spell "life." ("A Campus Walk," University of Washington pamphlet, 1996.)Caption on image: The Columns, U. of W. Campus.Handwritten on verso: Famous U. of... more
    The columns were originally part of the first Territorial University building downtown, and were saved and brought to the new campus when the building was torn down. Edmond Meany and Herbert Condon named the columns "Loyalty," "Industry," "Faith," and "Efficiency," the first letters of which spell "life." ("A Campus Walk," University of Washington pamphlet, 1996.)Caption on image: The Columns, U. of W. Campus.Handwritten on verso: Famous U. of Wash. Columns.Date taken from similar image.Filed in: UW - Campus Features, Columns (#307). less
  • Format
  • Photograph: b&w
    8 1/16 x 10 in.
    Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3