- View Full Item
- Created Date
On April 14, 1966, 450 students held a rally in front of Seibert Hall to protest the "suppression of student dissent by the administration". The principal grievances were invasion of privacy, the construction of a chapel rather than a library and the failure of the administration to acknowledge the concerns of students. The students chose a boycott of mandatory chapel as the the chief way to force change within the University. The boycott lasted a week until the University's board of directors intervened in an effort to open a dialogue between students and administration.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Susquehanna University
- Supporting Institution
- POWER Library as sponsor and HSLC as maintainer
- Blough-Weis Library, Susquehanna University
- Black and white newspaper
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Chapel Boycott. 1966-04-21. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw60-69/id/121. (Accessed October 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1966-04-21) Chapel Boycott. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw60-69/id/121
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw60-69/id/121>.