Letter to George Washington Campbell from John Coffee
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A one page letter written on May 8, 1814 and sent from Huntsville, Alabama. Coffee notes the vast amount and the value of country newly acquired as a result of the conquest of the Creek nation. He offers his services as a surveyor to lay out and survey these new lands.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Campbell, George Washington, 1769-1848
Coffee, John, 1772-1833
Creek War, 1813-1814
United States. Indian Removal Act of 1830
- Huntsville (Ala.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter to George Washington Campbell from John Coffee. 1814-05-08. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/180. (Accessed October 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1814-05-08) Letter to George Washington Campbell from John Coffee. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/180
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/180>.