Roosevelt, Franklin Delano
- View Full Image
- Created Date
View of President Franklin Roosevelt sitting beside a fire, probably at the Little White House in Warm Springs, Georgia.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was the 32nd President of the United States, and served from 1933 until his death in 1945. He was Governor of New York, prior to being elected president. Roosevelt was a frequent visitor to Warm Springs, Georgia after he contacted polio. He utilized the pools at the resort town to heal his legs. Roosevelt visited Georgia over forty-one times between 1924 and 1945, and consequently endeared himself to many of the state's residents.
Local identification number: VIS 77.69.07
Local identification number: ahc077069007a.jpg
Gay Bolling Shepperson Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holloway, J. T
- Digital Library of Georgia
- Contributing Institution
- Atlanta History Center
- Presidents--United States
Clothing and dress--1930-1940
United States. Works Progress Administration of Georgia
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- Warm Springs, GA
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Chicago citation style
- Holloway, J. T. Roosevelt, Franklin Delano. 1937. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/Shepperson/id/55. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Holloway, J. T, (1937) Roosevelt, Franklin Delano. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/Shepperson/id/55
- MLA citation style
- Holloway, J. T. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/Shepperson/id/55>.