• Created Date
  • ca. 1905
  • Description
  • In 1889, tax levies were permitted to raise funds for the construction of a new schoolhouse. The initial Bellevue school board consisted of Albert Burrows, Jesse Warren, and A.H. Sheehy, who passed a construction bond for $1,500. The two-room house with bell tower stood at Main Street and 100th Avenue SE. It was fed by the Clyde Hill, Beaux Arts, Medina, and Bellevue areas. The school operated there till 1930. The building was demolished in 1969.
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    8 x 10 in.
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL at 100-150 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2007