Mr. Merrick seated at the porch of his house. Coral Gables, Florida
- View Full Item
The Coral Gables Merrick House was the home of the Rev. Solomon G. and Althea Fink Merrick, parents of George Merrick, founder of Coral Gables. The 160-acre tract of land Solomon purchased in 1899 included a log cabin on the property where the Merrick family first lived. In 1906, they started construction of a larger home using limestone rock quarried from land where the Venetian Pool is located and named it “Coral Gables.” The new house, completed in 1910, is located at 907 Coral Way. It now serves as a house museum and is owned and operated by the City.
Caption on recto: [version1] "Front view" Caption on verso: [version2] "Front view before the porch was screened - Mr. Merrick on porch - Stone wall shows back of the house at right - These were taken the year house was finished. Porch on east side open to rock garden. The new addition was later-"
(Ownership) Coral Gables Historical Resources Department
- Contributing Institution
- City of Coral Gables
- Supporting Institution
- Florida International University Libraries
- Coral Gables (Fla.)--History--Pictorial works
Coral Gables (Fla.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Pictorial works
Merrick, George E
Architecture, Domestic--Florida--Coral Gables
- 3 X 5 in.
- Chicago citation style
- Mr. Merrick seated at the porch of his house. Coral Gables, Florida. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://dpanther.fiu.edu/dpService/dpPurlService/purl/FI12120618/00001. (Accessed January 29, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Mr. Merrick seated at the porch of his house. Coral Gables, Florida. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://dpanther.fiu.edu/dpService/dpPurlService/purl/FI12120618/00001
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://dpanther.fiu.edu/dpService/dpPurlService/purl/FI12120618/00001>.