200 Years of Misery
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Unknown edition. signature: "M. Díaz" in black located in the lower right corner of the image area. chopmark: "RCAF" in black. M. Diaz is a Barrio Art Student. Image of a Native American on a red, black & yellow background. Black type reads: "200 years of Misery, 1776-1976, The White Man made us many promises, but only kept one and that promise was to take our land away and they took it."
The artist of any work retains all rights to that work. Copyright has not been assigned to the Regents of the University of California. The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. No further reproduction is permitted without prior written permission by the artist or copyright holder. Any requests for permission to reproduce this piece must be directed to: Royal Chicano Air Force c/o California Ethnic and Multicultural Archives Library – CEMA University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 Phone: (805) 893-8563 E-mail: email@example.com Web: http://www.rcaf.info/
- Diaz, Manuel, Artist
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC Santa Barbara, Library, Department of Special Research Collections
- California Ethnic and Multicultural Archives, Dept of Special Collections, Donald Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9010, firstname.lastname@example.org, (805) 893-8563, URL: http://cemaweb.library.ucsb.edu/cema_index.html
Mexican American art
Locks and keys
Indians of North America
American Indian Movement
- Sacramento (Calif.)
- Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Consult repository for copyright holder information
California Ethnic and Multicultural Archives, Dept of Special Collections, Donald Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9010; email@example.com (805) 893-8563
- Chicago citation style
- Diaz, Manuel, Artist. 200 Years of Misery. 1976. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/hb6r29p3f3. (Accessed October 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Diaz, Manuel, Artist, (1976) 200 Years of Misery. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/hb6r29p3f3
- MLA citation style
- Diaz, Manuel, Artist. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/hb6r29p3f3>.