Man at an Overlook
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- circa 1943
The same man from the photograph in item csudh_tul_0012 is pictured at a different lookout point. The caption on the back of the photograph reads, “H.J.W. viewing surrounding area [with] field glasses overlooking Tulelake Jap internment camp in California.”
Black and white, 2.75 x 2.25 inches
The Owen M. Sylvester Photograph Collection (1942-1943, undated) contains 32 black-and-white photographs taken by Sylvester at Tule Lake. The majority of the photographs were taken inside the Tule Lake Incarceration Camp in Newell, California in November 1943 and feature scenes containing housing quarters, the stockade area, imprisoned Japanese Americans, and members of the 772nd Military Police Battalion. Also included are photographs depicting scenery from directly outside of the camp. Photographs contain captions possibly written by Sylvester.
- Sylvester, Owen M.: photographer
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- California State University, Dominguez Hills, Archives and Special Collections
- Permission to publish the image must be obtained from the CSUDH Archives as owner of the physical item and copyright. In instances when the copyright ownership is not clear it is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain copyright permission.
- Chicago citation style
- Sylvester, Owen M.: photographer. Man at an Overlook. circa 1943. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/7031. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Sylvester, Owen M.: photographer, (circa 1943) Man at an Overlook. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/7031
- MLA citation style
- Sylvester, Owen M.: photographer. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/7031>.