Group beside bus outside Coleman's Store and Service Station, which housed the Neilton Post Office, ca. 1930
Neilton is three miles south of Quinault Lake on McCalla Creek in north central Grays Harbor County. When a post office was established in 1910 the settlement had been called Jonesville for Neil A. Jones, an early settler who established the first store in the area. Postal authorities rejected that name because of a town by the same name in Klickitat County. The applicants switched to the storekeeper's first name, which was accepted.
11 x 14 in.
Silver gelatin, b/w
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2003