- Okamoto, Yoichi R. (Yoichi Robert), 1915-
- Digital Library of Georgia
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)
Photograph of U.S. president Lyndon B. Johnson signing the Voting Rights Act into law on August 6, 1965. Martin Luther King Jr. stands directly behind him. Other civil rights leaders and politicians stand in the background.
- Washington City, D.C.
- Civil rights workers--Washington (D.C.)
African Americans--Civil rights
African American civil rights workers
Civil rights--United States
Signing ceremonies--Washington (D.C.)
Race discrimination--Law and legislation--United States
African American men
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
- Courtesy of Lyndon Baines Johnson Library.