Hawaii shows Japan and Asia
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This is an article by Charles S. Bouslog from the magazine "Asia and the Americas," vol. 43, no. 2 (February 1943) which describes the life of the people of Japanese ancestry in Hawaii after the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
6 pages, typescript, 8.5 x 11 in.
The War Relocation Authority (WRA) was created on March 18, 1942, by Executive Order of the President, No. 9102. This new civilian agency was to be responsible for "the relocation (of evacuees) in appropriate places, providing for their needs in such manner as may be appropriate, and supervising their activities." The collection consists of reports, memoranda, news clippings, news digests, statistics, and other documents issued by the War Relocation Authority leading up to, during, and following the period of Japanese American incarceration.
- Bouslog, Charles S.: author
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- California State University, Dominguez Hills, Archives and Special Collections
- World War II--Pearl Harbor and aftermath
World War II--Pearl Harbor and aftermath--Martial law in Hawai'i
- Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s) of this collection has been transferred to California State University, Northridge. Copyright status for other materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. http://library.csun.edu/SCA/Contact
- Chicago citation style
- Bouslog, Charles S.: author. Hawaii shows Japan and Asia. 1943-02. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/8424. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Bouslog, Charles S.: author, (1943-02) Hawaii shows Japan and Asia. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/8424
- MLA citation style
- Bouslog, Charles S.: author. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/8424>.