Civil Air Patrol enlarged cadet recruit program memorandum
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This memorandum, dated November 15, 1943, was made by the Commander of the Tennessee Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP), Herbert T. Fox, to the Wing Staff Officers and Unit Commanders. The documents gives nine points of interest discussing a new program to recruit more cadets into the CAP. It mentions one of the top functions of the CAP is to be a training outlet for pilots who will rapidly transfer into service in the armed forces. The document stresses the need for experienced pilots and teachers who can help prepare these young cadets for military service. Of particular interest is number 8, which states that since women are badly needed in the Army, the CAP should enlist as many women as possible to either teach or train those interested in joining the Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron (WAFS).
- Fox, Herbert T
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- World War 1939-1945
World War 1939-1945--Participation, Female--Tennessee
World War 1939-1945--War Work--Tennessee
Military air pilots
- Nashville (Tenn.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Fox, Herbert T. Civil Air Patrol enlarged cadet recruit program memorandum. 1943-11-15. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1190. (Accessed January 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Fox, Herbert T, (1943-11-15) Civil Air Patrol enlarged cadet recruit program memorandum. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1190
- MLA citation style
- Fox, Herbert T. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1190>.