• Creator
  • Miller, Patricia L; Illinois Heritage Association
  • Created Date
  • 8-2-02
  • Description
  • 1301 N. Cunningham Ave., Urbana. Judge Joseph O. Cunningham and his wife, Mary, gave their large home and fifteen acres to the women of the Urbana Methodist Episcopal Church to be used as an orphanage. It opened in 1895. The old home was torn down in 1940. The facility, now called Cunningham Children's Home, contains several buildings and a recreational complex with a pool. The focus has shifted over time from caring for orphaned infants to a ... more
    1301 N. Cunningham Ave., Urbana. Judge Joseph O. Cunningham and his wife, Mary, gave their large home and fifteen acres to the women of the Urbana Methodist Episcopal Church to be used as an orphanage. It opened in 1895. The old home was torn down in 1940. The facility, now called Cunningham Children's Home, contains several buildings and a recreational complex with a pool. The focus has shifted over time from caring for orphaned infants to a structured program that helps troubled young people learn how to lead productive lives. Urban Treasure Hunt. 16 History. less
  • Format
  • Cunningham.jpg