Edward Hitchcock sermon notes, 1852 January
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Sermon notes by Edward Hitchcock for a sermon delivered at Amherst College in January 1852, referencing the story of the stone Ebenezer from 1 Samuel 7:12, and listing the ways God had helped Amherst College so far in its history. Hitchcock points out that God overruled opponents to the establishment of Amherst College, that during emergencies God granted relief in time, that Amherst College had the most reformers, ministers, and missionaries compared to other colleges (including noting numerical tables of ministers and missionaries at other colleges), and that God had blessed Amherst College with many revivals. Hitchcock has written related hymns on the last page.
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- Amherst (Mass.)
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864--Sermons
Sermons--Outlines, syllabi, etc
- SermonsOutlines (documents)NotesManuscripts
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Edward Hitchcock sermon notes, 1852 January. 1852-01. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:503422. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864, (1852-01) Edward Hitchcock sermon notes, 1852 January. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:503422
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:503422>.