Roll of negroes impressed for service on the North-Western Railroad
- View Full Item
Roll of Negroes Impressed for Service on the Nashville and Northwestern Railroad on October 10-13, 1863. These pages alphabetically list the names of workers impressed for service and includes name, physical description, name of owner, county & town of origin, and remarks. Several individuals are identified under "remarks" as working at Fort Gillem. Most individuals are impressed from the counties of Montgomery, Robertson, and Hickman. Others are impressed from additional counties in Tennessee and Kentucky.
- United States--War Dept
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Confederate States of America. Army of Tennessee
North-Western Railroad Company
United States. Colored Troops
Kingston Springs (Tenn.)
Railroad construction workers
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- United States--War Dept. Roll of negroes impressed for service on the North-Western Railroad. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/96. (Accessed January 23, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- United States--War Dept, Roll of negroes impressed for service on the North-Western Railroad. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/96
- MLA citation style
- United States--War Dept. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/96>.