- View Full Item
- Created Date
The American agriculturist has absorbed more than thirty agricultural journals, including Genesee farmer, American farmer's magazine, Connecticut homestead, Farm journal and progressive farmer and others. The Orange Judd farmer and the New England homestead were purchased by the Orange Judd Co. who published them as editions of the American agriculturist which then came out in Central, Western, Southern, Middle, and Eastern States editions beginning Sept. 1894.
Designed to improve the farmer, the planter, and the gardener.
Publication suspended, 1852-Aug. 1853.
Vols. 12-53 called also new series nos. 27-571.
Supplements accompany some issues.
Available on microfilm from University Microfilms (American perioical series: 1800-1850).
- Contributing Institution
- University of Michigan
- Springfield, Mass. [etc.] Orange Judd Company, Publishers [etc.]
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- American agriculturist. 1842-1912. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000527367. (Accessed September 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1842-1912) American agriculturist. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000527367
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000527367>.