Development of Pyrrone structural forms for honeycomb filler /
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Performing organization report no.: P72-294.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 41).
The development of techniques for the preparation of Pyrrone structural foams for use as honeycomb filler is described. The feasibility of preparing foams from polymers formed by the condensation of 3,3'-diaminobenzidine (DAB), or 3,3',4,4'-tetraaminobenzophenone (TABP), with 3,3',4,4'-benzophenone tetracarboxylic dianhydride (BTDA) was investigated. Initially, most of the effort was devoted to preparing Pyrrone prepolymers with improved and more reproducible foaming properties for making chemically blown foams. When it became apparent that very high curing shrinkages would not allow the use of unfilled Pyrrone prepolymers in a foam-in-place process, emphasis was shifted from chemically blown foams to syntactic foams. Syntactic foam formulations containing hollow carbon microspheres were developed. Syntactic foams made from selected formulations were found to have very low coefficients of thermal expansion. A technique was developed for the emplacement of Pyrrone syntactic foam formulations in honeycomb core structures.
Prepared by Hughes Aircraft Company, Culver City, Calif. for Langley Research Center
- Kimmel, B. G
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois
- Washington, D.C. : National Aeronautics and Space Administration ; Springfield, Va. : For sale by the National Technical Information Service [distributor]
- Honeycomb structures--Materials
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Kimmel, B. G. Development of Pyrrone structural forms for honeycomb filler /. 1973. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431384. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Kimmel, B. G, (1973) Development of Pyrrone structural forms for honeycomb filler /. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431384
- MLA citation style
- Kimmel, B. G. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431384>.