Design and performance analysis of a medium-power dc-dc converter /
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Includes bibliographical references (p. 18-19).
The design and performance of an experimental dc-dc converter are described. The converter was rated for a power output of 1 kW, with a 150-percent overload rating, and it produced a 200-V, +1-percent, dc output from an input of 56 V, +10 and -20 percent. Voltage regulation is accomplished by varying the duty cycle of the internal 7-kHz quasi-square-wave carrier. Integrated circuits in the control section, a proportional current drive system, and powdered metal cores (Ni-17Fe-2Mo) for the power transformer were some of the design features. The measured efficiency peaked at 92 percent and was 88 percent at 1 kW. The total component weight was 6 lb (2.7 kg).
- Birchenough, Arthur G
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois
- Washington, D.C. : National Aeronautics and Space Administration : [For sale by the Clearinghouse for Federal Scientific and technical Information, Springfield, Va. 22151]
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Birchenough, Arthur G. Design and performance analysis of a medium-power dc-dc converter /. 1970. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011444620. (Accessed November 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Birchenough, Arthur G, (1970) Design and performance analysis of a medium-power dc-dc converter /. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011444620
- MLA citation style
- Birchenough, Arthur G. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011444620>.