The Ballard Hill School
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Clinton Daily Item ; Frank and Lois Ponte
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
This is the Ballard Hill School, which was used in the latter part of the 19th century until the Center School was built in 1903-1904. After it was no longer needed as a school, it was purchased by the Lancaster Sportsmen's Club. At one time, there were plans to use it as a Baptist church. Finally, because the building had become a hazard, it was burned down under the supervision of the local fire department.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- The Ballard Hill School. 1860-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h41f. (Accessed December 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1860-2000) The Ballard Hill School. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h41f
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h41f>.