- Harry Lemen, photographer
- Indiana Memory
- Madison-Jefferson County Public Library
The first courthouse was built in 1811. It was removed in 1823 and a brick structure built in its place. This old brick courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1853 and the present courthouse was erected upon the same ground. It, in turn, was partially destroyed by fire in 1859. The outside of the building has remained mostly unchanged through the years. Picture taken circa mid-1940s.
- Indiana-Jefferson County-Madison
- Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744