Hospitality: general view of work in progress
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Performing Arts (including Performance Art)
Sculpture and Installations
Barbosa and Ricalde proposed covering the Puente Mexico (the pedestrian bridge that crosses the Tijuana River and leads from Avenida Revolucion toward the international border crossing at San Ysidro) with a carpet of painted names: a "welcome mat." The project, entitled "Hospitality," was inspired by the way in which color, typography, and first names are employed as marks of identity, much like the woven bracelets sold in handcraft market stalls along the border.
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
This image was extracted from a DVD-R from the InSite Archive (MSS 707, Box 181, DVD 01)
[Title, Date]. InSite Archive. MSS 707. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
Tijuana, Río, México, Mexico
San Ysidro, San Diego, California, United States
Puente Mexico, Tijuana (Baja California, Mexico)
- Barbosa, Felipe, 1978, Ricalde, Rosana, 1971
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC San Diego, Library, Special Collections and Archives
Grids (layout features)
Paintings (visual works)
Bridges (built works)
Installations (visual works)
Mexican-American border region
- Mexican-American border region
- Paint on concrete
- No linguistic content
Constraint(s) on Use: This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires the written permission of the copyright holders(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Libraries. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Libraries department having custody of the work.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
- Chicago citation style
- Barbosa, Felipe, 1978, Ricalde, Rosana, 1971. Hospitality: general view of work in progress. 2005. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb7477440m. (Accessed December 10, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Barbosa, Felipe, 1978, Ricalde, Rosana, 1971, (2005) Hospitality: general view of work in progress. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb7477440m
- MLA citation style
- Barbosa, Felipe, 1978, Ricalde, Rosana, 1971. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb7477440m>.