Wilbert E. Locklin presenting award to Samuel Jaskilka
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph shows Wilbert E. Locklin, the ninth president of Springfield College, presenting an award to Samuel Jaskilka on Springfield College's Stagg Field. Dr. Wilbert E. Locklin (April 2, 1920 – March 4, 2006) was raised in Washington, D.C. He graduated from John Hopkins University in 1942. During World War II, he served on bomber crews and was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. After his military service, Locklin returned to work at Johns Hopkins. In 1965, Locklin was named president of Springfield College, where he served for twenty years. He was responsible for raising funds and developing strategic plans for Babson Library, Cheney Dining Hall, Fuller Arts Center, Gulick Hall, the Physical Education Complex, Linkletter Natatorium, and the Towne Health Center. He also introduced new academic programs in business, physical therapy, and YMCA studies. Furthermore, he was the driving force in expanding the college's international scope through his development of programs in China, Japan, Hong Kong, and Saudi Arabia. Following his retirement in 1985, Locklin founded Locklin Management Services, which helped local nonprofit organizations with fundraising.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College--Presidents
Locklin, Wilbert E. (Wilbert Edwin)
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Wilbert E. Locklin presenting award to Samuel Jaskilka. 1965-1985. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8684. (Accessed July 21, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1965-1985) Wilbert E. Locklin presenting award to Samuel Jaskilka. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8684
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8684>.