- View Full Item
- Created Date
The library was paneled throughout in polished French walnut. The mantel, of red marble, supported a built-in mirror. (Mirrored overmantels with plaster decoration and marble fireplaces were Codman's trademarks.) On one side was an elliptical recess lined with books. The curtains, carpet, and furniture were green.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Thayer Memorial Library
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Libraries (Rooms & spaces)
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Homestead library. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k69c. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Homestead library. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k69c
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k69c>.