Alexander Henry Residence, Anaheim [graphic]
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- ca. 1910 (issued)
Accession number: P15906
Alexander Nicholas Henry residence, located at 1881 West Lincoln Ave. (formerly County Road), Anaheim; Scottish-born Alexander Nicholas Henry, a hero of the Crimean War, arrived in west Anaheim in 1867 and bought 220 acres near Lincoln and Brookhurst Avenues; after the 1886 vine disease wiped out his grapes, Henry replanted his "Caledonia Grove" with citrus and began making orange brandy; this house, once described as a novelty in Roman and Eguptian design, was built in 1905, sold by Henry circa 1909 and was demolished in 1937; image shows the front facade of the two-story, wood-frame house and formal front gate and gardens; two early automobiles parked at the curb.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Anaheim Public Library
- Henry, Alexander Nicholas Captain--act. ca. 1867
Citrus fruit industry--California
Anaheim (Calif.)--Historic buildings, etc
- Henry Residence
Citrus fruit industry
Historic buildings, etc
- Property rights reside with the Anaheim Public Library. Literary rights are generally retained by the creators of the records and their heirs. For permission to publish or to reproduce, please contact the Local History Curator.
- Chicago citation style
- Alexander Henry Residence, Anaheim [graphic]. ca. 1910 (issued). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/kt438nc471. (Accessed October 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (ca. 1910 (issued)) Alexander Henry Residence, Anaheim [graphic]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/kt438nc471
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/kt438nc471>.