James Carter house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A house built by James Carter saw several owners before Anna Whitney, a teacher who had retired from Lancaster High School in 1889, bought the property and did extensive work, giving the house in this image its very Victorian appearance. It is also located on the site of the garrison where, in 1692, American Indians attacked members of the Peter Joslyn family.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- James Carter house. 1889-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j73r. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1889-2000) James Carter house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j73r
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j73r>.