Simon Coolidge Homestead, Grove Street
- View Full Item
View from side of first Coolidge home. Simon Coolidge Homestead, Grove Street. From this house, Joseph Coolidge went to his death on April 19, 1775. Herbert Coolidge was the last Coolidge born here. Birthplace of Annie E, Davenport (nee Coolidge), Grove Street. Annie Davenport was the wife of local Dr. Bennet Davenport (married 1873). They were charter members of the Historical Society of Watertown. She taught at the Coolidge School prior to her marriage. Annie was an original member of the Watertown Woman's Club and was their fifth president, 1905-1908. She was a founding member of the Watertown Chapter of the Daughters of American Revolution and the third regent, 1900-1903. John Coolidge, Sr. by door with hat in hand. Mary Coolidge (nee Bond), his wife seated. Albert Davenport by fence. Hired hand and child at back door. Duplicate of figure 668 Line # 648.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Watertown Free Public Library
- Davenport, Annie Emeline--1848 - 1934
Bond, Mary Stone--1800-1886
Architecture, Domestic--Watertown (Mass)--History
Watertown (Mass.)--Social life and customs
City and town life--Massachusetts--Watertown
- Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Simon Coolidge Homestead, Grove Street. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rv0436675. (Accessed July 21, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Simon Coolidge Homestead, Grove Street. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rv0436675
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rv0436675>.