The Rats Leaving a Falling House
- View Full Item
This political cartoon interprets the breakup of President Andrew Jackson's cabinet in 1831. The rats on the bottom represent, from the left, Secretary of War John H. Eaton, Secretary of the Navy John Branch, Secretary of State (and soon-to-be President) Martin Van Buren, and Treasury Secretary Samuel D. Ingham.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- The Rats Leaving a Falling House. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/68. (Accessed January 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- The Rats Leaving a Falling House. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/68
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/68>.