World’s Columbian Exposition Palace of Fine Arts
View Full Image
A black and white photograph of the Palace of Fine Arts at the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1893. Source: Arnold, C. D. Collection of Photographs Illustrating the Construction and Progress of the World’s Columbian Exposition. 1893. Dimensions: 10"x13". The World's Columbian Exposition ran from May 1 to October 30, 1893.The Palace of Fine Arts is the only original building that remains on the fair grounds. It now serves as Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry. Exhibits shown in the palace included paintings, engravings, sculpture, and other pieces of art. The Official Directory contains 66 pages of exhibits from other countries, beginning with Algeria and ending with Sweden. In addition there was a large number of pieces from the United States. Bolotin, Norman and Christine Laing. "The Chicago World’s Fair of 1893: The World’s Columbian Exposition." (Washington, D. C.: The Preservation Press, 1992), pp. 80-81. Handy, Moses P., ed. "The Official Directory of the World’s Columbian Exposition. (Chicago: W. B. Conkey Co, 1843), pp. 923-989. Celebrations and Festivals; Exploring The Columbian Exposition 16 History
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
|World's Columbian Exposition (Chicago, Illinois)|
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdcfor more information about this project.