Masonic Temple, Champaign, Illinois
View Full Image
202 W. Hill St., Champaign. A Masonic charter was granted for Western Star Lodge 240, A.F & A.M., in West Urbana on October 7, 1857. Prior to the construction of this building in 1912-13 by A.with Stoolman Construction Company of Champaign, the lodge owned and occupied a building at 2022 Main Street. The new structure, erected on the site of clothier Joseph Kuhn's home, was used as a Masonic Temple from January 2, 1914, until 1968. Now known as the Jefferson Building, it houses law offices and businesses. Urban Treasure Hunt 16 History
|Miller, Patricia L, Illinois Heritage Association|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
Champaign County, Illinois
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdcfor more information about this project.