Pig festival: child drinks bespelled water from bamboo tube held by elder
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- September 1972
For more information on this ritual, see Edwin Cook's dissertation, Manga Social Organization.
Women and children drinking sacred water. 27.
Digital Library Development Program, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (http://libraries.ucsd.edu/about/digital-library/)
This digital image is a surrogate of an item from the Edwin Cook Papers (MSS 0187, Box 45, Folder 9, Slide 0536).
[Title, Date]. Edwin Cook Papers. MSS 0187. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego. [Digital Object URL]
- Cook, Edwin A
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC San Diego, Library, Special Collections and Archives
- Rites and ceremonies--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
Narak (Papua New Guinean people)
Magic--Papua New Guinea
Cordyline--Papua New Guinea
Western Highlands Province (Papua New Guinea)
- No linguistic content
- Under copyright
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
- Chicago citation style
- Cook, Edwin A. Pig festival: child drinks bespelled water from bamboo tube held by elder. September 1972. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb12981172. (Accessed December 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Cook, Edwin A, (September 1972) Pig festival: child drinks bespelled water from bamboo tube held by elder. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb12981172
- MLA citation style
- Cook, Edwin A. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb12981172>.