DPLAfest 2015 — April 17-18, 2015
[DPLAfest 2015] Logistics
DPLAfest 2015 will take place in the following locations. To view them on a map, click here.
Indianapolis Public Library (Central Branch)
Indiana State Library
IUPUI University Library
Indiana Historical Society
DPLAfest and SB 101
In light of Indiana SB 101, DPLA wants to emphasize that it strongly opposes discrimination against LGBT and all human beings. From the start we’ve operated under a Code of Conduct which enshrines our commitment to diversity and our opposition to all forms of discrimination. We are working to ensure that all feel welcome at DPLAfest, and that DPLAfest venues, hotels, and restaurants do not discriminate.
Related statements from DPLA staff regarding Indiana SB 101:
- DPLAfest in Light of SB 101 (by DPLA Director for Content Emily Gore)
- DPLAfest and SB 101 Twitter timeline (via DPLA Executive Director Dan Cohen)
City bus service
IndyGo offers 29 fixed daily bus routes to all Marion County townships, major Indianapolis attractions, shopping malls, hospitals, downtown areas, and other locations. Day passes for all fixed IndyGo routes throughout Indianapolis are available for $4. For more information about IndyGo services, call 317-635-3344 or click here for an online trip planner. Visit IndyGo.net for complete route descriptions and routes to popular destinations in the city.
To/from the Indianapolis International Airport
IndyGo’s Route 8 (Washington St. Cross-Town) serves the Indianapolis International Airport seven days a week (including holidays) with trips to and from every 30 minutes. Cost is $1.75 per ride. Passengers can expect 45 minutes of travel time. Westbound buses to the airport stop along Ohio Street within walking distance of several downtown hotels. At the airport’s Ground Transportation Center, downtown-bound passengers can board Route 8 at Zone 6.
Parking and transportation around DPLAfest venues
Please note that the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will be taking place near the DPLAfest venues on the morning of Saturday, April 18, making transportation near the venues difficult and parking limited. Please plan ahead accordingly.
Closures due to Susan G. Komen Race
- New York St. will be closed during the event on Saturday morning, 4/18 possibly as early at 7:00 a.m. and should re-open by 1 p.m. (The race will begin and end on New York St.)
- Blackford St. (from Michigan St. to the Canal) will be closed from 6 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- University Blvd. south of Michigan will close at 8:00 a.m.
- Anyone needing access to the Natatorium and the Sports Center will have to use Barnhill Dr. and should plan to park in lots north of New York St.
- Any one parked south of New York St. after 7:30 a.m. should expect to be there until approximately 11:00 a.m.
Please note that buses will not be running from 7-9 AM on New York St. between Meridian St. and White River on Saturday, though IndyGo buses are scheduled to resume service at 9AM. Lines 10 and the 38 will bring you to the Indiana Historical Society and the Indiana State Library; the 10 will also bring you to the IUPUI University Library.
Recommended parking near DPLAfest venues
- Staying in downtown hotels: Walk to State Library
- Driving in from North or East: Park in the Circle City Mall garage. Main entrance is off of Washington Street, just west of Meridian Street.
- Driving in from South or West: Park in the State Washington Street garage. The main entrance is off of Missouri Street, between Washington Street and Maryland Street.
To view a basic map detailing the streets that will be blocked off, including the nearest parking garages to the DPLAfest venues, click here.
More information and maps may be found on the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation web site.
- Indianapolis Yellow Cab: (317) 487-7777
- American Taxi: (317) 821-8000
- Indy Airport Taxi: (317) 381-1111
To view Indy taxi companies participating in the $5 Regional Fare, click here.
There are a number of hotels in downtown Indy that are within walking distance of the various event locations. A small block of rooms is available at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Indy (details below).
Hotel with DPLA group rate
Courtyard by Marriott ($129)
601 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
To book a room using the DPLA group rate, call the number above and mention DPLDPLA or DPLDPLB, or click here.
* The last day to book a room at the Courtyard using this group rate is Wednesday, March 18, 2015. *
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis (nightly rates from $129)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis (nightly rates from $119)
- Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown (nightly rates from $139)
- Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites (nightly rates from $169)
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis City Centre (nightly rates from $106)
- Le Meridien Indianapolis (nightly rates from $154)
- The Alexander (nightly rates from $180)
- The Westin Indianapolis (night rates from $224)
For more Indianapolis accommodations, click here.