At DPLA, it is very important to us that DPLAfest bring together a broad array of professionals and advocates who care about access to culture to discuss everything from technology and open access to copyright, public engagement, and education. We celebrate the diversity of our DPLA community of partners and users and want to ensure that these perspectives are represented at DPLAfest, which is why we are thrilled to announce three fully funded travel awards to attend DPLAfest 2017.
Our goal is to use this funding opportunity to promote the widest possible range of views represented at DPLAfest. We require that applicants represent one or more of the following:
- Professionals from diverse ethnic and/or cultural backgrounds representing one or more of the following groups: American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander
- Professionals whose work or institutions primarily serve and/or represent historically underserved populations including, but not limited to, LGBTQ communities, incarcerated people and ex-offenders, people of color, people with disabilities, or Native American and tribal communities
- Individuals who would not otherwise have the financial capacity to attend DPLAfest 2017
- Graduate students and/or early career professionals
- Students or professionals who live and/or work in the Greater Chicago metro area
- Visit the DPLAfest Scholarships page and complete the application form by March 1, 2017.
- Award recipients must attend the entire DPLAfest, taking place on Thursday, April 20 between 9:00am and 5:45pm and Friday, April 21 between 9:00am and 3:30pm.
- Award recipients agree to write a blog post about their experience at the event to be published on DPLA’s blog within two weeks following the end of the event.
Please note that this funding opportunity will provide for airfare and/or other required travel to Chicago if needed, lodging for two nights in one of the event hotels, and complimentary registration for DPLAfest. The award will not provide for meals or incidental expenses such as cab fares or local public transportation. All applicants will be notified regarding their application status during the week of March 13.
We appreciate your help sharing this opportunity with interested individuals in your personal and professional networks.