In the hopes of capitalizing on the amazing wealth of knowledge and energy in our community, we’re excited to kickstart a monthly series of open conference calls separate from the Board calls focused on topics related to our four operational committees: Content Strategy, Marketing and Outreach, Technical Development, and Legal Issues.
The goal of these open conversations is to discuss topics of relevance to the DPLA’s development, to surface key trends and topics in the library and information ecosystem, and to provide a public forum for engagement in the DPLA’s mission, goals, and projects. These calls will be informal and conversational, giving everyone the latitude to discuss a range of topics relevant to the Committees and their members. No agendas are required, though DPLA staff and Committee co-chairs will offer a driving question to help orient discussion. Relevant staff will be on the call to answer questions.
Each committee will take a turn holding an open-ended public call on the first Wednesday of each month at 2:00 PM Eastern, starting with the Content Strategy committee on Wednesday, October 2, 2013.
The dial-in information, included below, is the same for all calls.
A schedule of upcoming calls can be found below and via the DPLA’s public events calendar, which you can sync to your personal calendar for easy reference.
DPLA Open Committee Calls Schedule (2013 – 2014)
- Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 2 PM ET
Marketing and Outreach
- Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, January 8, 2014, 2 PM ET (2nd Wednesday due to New Years)
- Wednesday, May 7, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 2 PM ET
- Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 2 PM ET
All written content on this blog is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. All images found on this blog are available under the specific license(s) attributed to them, unless otherwise noted.