During its most recent monthly open call, the DPLA Board of Directors announced the formation of a couple of Board committees responsible for carrying out formal governance functions. Descriptions of these committees, included below, can also be found on the DPLA Committees page.
The purpose of the Board Finance Committee is to oversee the financial doings of the DPLA; to review and evaluate the DPLA’s fiscal operation and its managers; to report to the Board and/or Executive Director on the DPLA’s finances, and/or any irregularities or issues; to provide advice and recommendations to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Director for Content, and staff on how the DPLA’s financial operations align with its mission, vision, and strategic goals. An Audit subcommittee may be formed.
The members of the Board Finance Committee are:
- Cathy Casserly, Creative Commons
- Paul Courant, University of Michigan
- Jamie Hollier, Anneal, Inc.; Commerce Kitchen
- Siva Vaidhyanathan, University of Virginia
- Ex Officio members: John Palfrey, President of the Board, and Dan Cohen, Executive Director, serve as ex officio members on all formal Board committees
The purpose of the Board Governance Committee is to provide advice and recommendations to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Director for Content, and staff on the governance practices to which the DPLA should adhere, and to promote Board development. A Nomination subcommittee may be established when appropriate.
The members of the Board Governance Committee are:
- Robert Darnton, Harvard University
- Laura DeBonis
- Luis Herrera, San Francisco Public Library
- Amy Ryan, Boston Public Library
Ex Officio members: John Palfrey, President of the Board, and Dan Cohen, Executive Director serve as ex officio members on all formal Board committees
All written content on this blog is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. All images found on this blog are available under the specific license(s) attributed to them, unless otherwise noted.