- We launched the first build of the platform. It includes 100,000 dummy records + 30K records from The Bancroft Library (UC Berkeley) + 50K records from the Biodiversity Heritage Library. The dummy records represent standard library items. The other records represent less
standard collections. Information: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dplatechdev/2012/02/01/first-build-released/
- With the first build, we also made available Matt's API Query Builder, which will help developers learn which fields are available
and how to construct queries. This is a very cool tool and is quite professionally presented. http://apps.dp.la/dev/query-builder/
- We have worked with Nick Caramello to devise a plan for incrementally and iteratively building a scope document and other
technical documentation. We have created a skeleton of it on the wiki: http://dp.la/dev/wiki/submit/Scope
- We had a thorough discussion with Nasos Drosopoulos about the possibility of integrating MINT into the platform at some degree of
closeness. He has agreed to try to have a prototype in time for the April Plenary meeting.
- A call to the California Library system asking for more catalog metadata has already generated two offers.
- We talked with Cornell University about the possibility of their contributing to the development effort.
- Annie has continued to make progress on the StackView jquery plugin that will enable developers to easily create browsable, visual shelves from any set of books returned from an API query to the platform. It also integrates with Amazon and other sources.
- We raised the question of open source software licenses with our dpla-dev mailing list, and got some informed answers.
- We've started blogging more frequently.
- Some areas of concern: 1. We need a project manager. There are many pieces in the air, and a newly emerging schedule of tasks to be
completed. 2. We look forward to having access to non-dummy metadata without fear of transgressing licenses or copyright.