From Digital Library of America Project
Jan. 27, 2012
- Added 28,000 collection items from the Bancroft Collection from UC Berkeley, via the California Digital Library
- The VMs are almost ready. We hope to mount the first public build very early next week.
- Annie has made further progress with her Stackview widget.
- We sent a joint message, from the heads of the Tech Workstream and David W., to that Workstream, introducing the dev core project and inviting them to the dev-tech mailing list.
- Finalizing proposed budget.
- Raised on the dpla-dev mailing list the question of which open source license(s) we should use for making our code public.
- Met with Mackenzie Smith, very fruitfully. We hope to engage her as a consultant.
- Nick Caramello of Pod Consulting is working on spec'ing the doc set we need to produce. He has submitted a contract proposal.
- Skyped with David Smith and R. Manmatha from U Mass about their work identifying languages and other metadata from OCR'ed text. We hope that they will contribute some services to the platform's ingestion processes.
- We scheduled a skype meeting with Nasos Drosopoulos about integrating MINT into the platform's ingestion processes
- We spent a full morning with Sebastian Hammer learning about federated search.