• Creator
  • Georgia State University; University Archives; Georgia State College of Business Administration
  • Partner
  • Digital Library of Georgia
  • Contributing Institution
  • Georgia State University. Libraries. Special Collections
Description

Local identification number: GSUS1956-11-13a. Georgia State Signal, volume 15 [misnumbered 16], number 8 (November 13, 1956). The Signal was formed in 1943 by the merger of two student newspapers, The Evening Signal (1933-1943), and The Junior Collegiate (1935-1943). Since 1943, GSU has been the Atlanta Division of the University of Georgia (1947-1955), then an independent unit known as the Georgia State College of Business Administration (195... more

Local identification number: GSUS1956-11-13a. Georgia State Signal, volume 15 [misnumbered 16], number 8 (November 13, 1956). The Signal was formed in 1943 by the merger of two student newspapers, The Evening Signal (1933-1943), and The Junior Collegiate (1935-1943). Since 1943, GSU has been the Atlanta Division of the University of Georgia (1947-1955), then an independent unit known as the Georgia State College of Business Administration (1955-1961), Georgia State College (1961-1969) and finally Georgia State University (from 1969). The Signal has been published continuously since 1943, but reflecting the evolution of GSU, its masthead has also had the titles The University Signal, The Georgia State Signal, The Georgia State College Signal, and the Georgia State University Signal. The University Archives has a good run of copies of The Signal, but is missing issues from various years.   less

  • Location
  • Atlanta (Ga.)
    1956-11-13a
  • Format
  • 6 pages
  • Type
  • text
  • Rights
  • The contents of this item, including all images and text, are for personal, educational, and non-commercial use only. This item is the property of Georgia State University Library and may be protected under United States and international copyright law. Any user of the digitized version is asked to acknowledge Georgia State University Library.