DPLA Community Reps
DPLA wants you! We are looking for volunteers to help us spread the word in local communities. If you are enthusiastic about open access, digital collections, and the potential of a national digital library, get involved in outreach for DPLA by volunteering as a DPLA Community Rep. Visit our Meet the Reps page to learn about our fabulous first class of Community Reps.
|We’re accepting applications! The application for our second class of Community Reps is now open. To apply, click here. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 30.|
DPLA Community Reps will:
- Organize activities that promote DPLA as a portal, platform, or public option using DPLA materials;
- Share materials and feedback from outreach efforts (blog posts, group notes, Storify stories, images, video, etc.);
- Check in with DPLA staff about progress and share experiences via the DPLA Reps listserv;
- Collaborate with DPLA staff and other Reps to plan and pursue new outreach initiatives;
- Be willing to participate in speaking or event opportunities as requested by DPLA; and
- Represent DPLA formally as an acknowledged Rep on our website and informally through various networks.
The Community Reps program works with the community outreach arm of DPLA and is not involved with the recruitment, aggregation, or digitization of new content. DPLA Community Reps are volunteers.
Reps will receive DPLA materials to use in their efforts, including a slidedeck, event ideas, fact sheets, and promotional swag (stickers, pens, etc.). DPLA staff will also offer periodic webinars to share updates, new activities, and new resources. We anticipate that being a community rep will require only a small commitment of time.
DPLA Community Reps will be selected based on their creative ideas, experience, and geographic distribution. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.