DPLA Community Reps
The DPLA wants you! We are looking for volunteers to help us spread the word in local communities. If you are enthusiastic about open access, digital collections, and the potential of a national digital library, get involved in outreach for the DPLA by volunteering as a DPLA Community Rep.
DPLA Community Reps will:
- Organize activities that promote the DPLA as a service, tool, or platform using DPLA materials;
- Share outputs (blog posts, group notes, Storify stories, images, video, etc.);
- Check in with DPLA staff about progress and share experiences via the DPLA Reps listserv;
- Be willing to participate in speaking or event opportunities; and
- Represent the DPLA formally as an acknowledged Rep on our website and informally through various networks.
Due to staffing constraints, Community Reps will assist with community outreach, not content recruitment, aggregation, or digitization.
Reps will receive a “box” containing DPLA slidedecks, event ideas, one-pagers, and swag to use in their efforts. The DPLA staff will also offer periodic webinars to share updates, new activities, and new resources. We anticipate that being a community rep will require only a small commitment of time.
DPLA Community Reps will be selected based on their creative ideas, experience, and geographic distribution. DPLA Community Reps are volunteers. We are in the process of accepting our first class of Reps and will announce the members in mid-December 2013. Additional classes will be admitted in the future. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.