DPLA Dev Wiki
This wiki is for the community developing the Digital Public Library of America platform.
Because of dirty rotten spammers, if you want edit permission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Digital Public Library of America platform will be a set of services to gather metadata about content and collections made accessible through the DPLA and to enable developers to use this metadata to build new applications and and integrate it into existing sites and services. The platform will provide information and services openly and to all without restriction, as per the DPLA’s principles for technical development.
One of the main challenges facing the DPLA is figuring out exactly how this platform will unfold. Tasked with this challenge is the interim Dev Core, a small group of people dedicated to developing the platform, in public and collaboratively.
- Technical Overview: Scope, spec
- Build history
- Documentation - APIs and more. Go here for info on API access to the DPLA data set, including Harvard's 12M records
- Bulk download of Harvard's catalog records
- Apps - sample apps/prototypes that use the API
- Dev core team
- Metadata upload: Instructions on how to contribute your institution's metadata
- Strategy: mission, principles, etc.
- mailing list (unmoderated, open...sub/unsub yourself)
- twitter: @dpladev
- email to dev core: email@example.com
- dev core home page (mainly a directory)
- GitHub code repository